From our friends at Harvie Farms:
We are happy to announce Harvie Farms Pittsburgh, a new service that brings together the best local farms in the Pittsburgh area, allows you to customize your farm box before each delivery and then brings the harvest right to your doorstep!
We know you love local food, but it’s often hard to make it to the farmers market, CSA programs can be inflexible, and the “local” claims of grocery stores are dubious at best.
To react to those changes, I am happy to announce a whole new way to get access to fresh food directly from your local farmers: Harvie Farms Pittsburgh.
If you have been watching the local food scene closely here in Pittsburgh, you probably recognize that it is a year of change. Penn’s Corner Farm Alliance has been taken over by Paragon, many CSAs no longer are in operation, and we are seeing many farms go out of business locally and nationally.
In the local farm community here in Pittsburgh and across the country, we recognize that food buying habits are changing.
We are a group of experienced local farmers, distributors, and farm technology folks who want to make it easy for you to get access to the most quality local food for your home kitchen. Think of Harvie Farms Pittsburgh as the ease of online shopping, Amazon, and home delivery meets the unique tastes and freshness of CSAs and farmers markets.
We have been running the successful Harvie platform (we are a Pittsburgh-based technology company) across the US and Canada for the last four years, with over 150 farms using the platform delivering over 500,000 farm boxes to 50,000+ consumers. Now it’s time for us to bring Harvie to our hometown: Pittsburgh!
I’ll tell you more about “us” later. First let’s talk about what we can do for you!
Why Harvie Farms Pittsburgh?
- We work with multiple farms across the Pittsburgh region so your farm box can include vegetables, fruit, cheese, eggs, bread, meat, milk, and more!
- Home delivery (or delivery to your office!) to the city of Pittsburgh and near suburbs.
- Customize your box each week so you get exactly what you want and nothing you don’t.
- Get your farm box on your schedule! When you are out of town, just pause your box or reschedule it for another week.
- Built in cooking and recipe tips plus connect with farm share members all over the world (literally!)
So how does it work?
- Start at the sign up page.
- Pick a farm box, small ($29), medium ($49), or large ($79) — plus a $6 home delivery fee — which will include a fully customizable product selection each week.
- Choose a frequency of delivery: weekly or bi-weekly and remember you can schedule around your needs.
- If you want beef or pork, choose a customized butcher box for delivery once per month from Jubilee Hilltop Ranch.
- Complete contact info and payment info.
- (Optional) Set product preferences so Harvie knows what you like and what you don’t like and we’ll pre-customize based on your product preferences.
- Wait for deliveries to start in late May!
- Each week, customize your box if you like and we’ll deliver it to your door on Tuesday afternoons.
Our initial run will be for 26 weeks from late May to mid-November.
We are looking for 250 families to join us for this first season to make Harvie Farms Pittsburgh fly!
To encourage you to join us, use the coupon code FIRST250 to get $29 off your seasonal farm box.
Contact us with any questions!
Simon Huntley (CEO, Harvie)
Neil Stauffer (General manager, Harvie Farms Pittsburgh)