CSA’s and Sharing in Farm Harvests
Deadlines Approaching This Week!
Drop Sites and Home Delivery
Check out our CSA List by County for a list of CSAs in your neighborhood!
In a CSA (Consumer Supported Agriculture), customers pay for “shares” and receive a percentage of the products harvested from local farms. “Shares” are available from farms and farm cooperatives throughout Western PA. Customers pick a designated site such a home, business or church for pick up.
CSAs have gained popularity over the years and farms have responded by offering a variety of options:
- Weekly, bi-weekly or monthly shares
- Small and large shares
- Organic or Certified Naturally Grown
- Dietary concerns such as vegan or gluten-free shares
- Customized orders
- Paying weekly or “as you order”
Tips for Buying a CSA “Share”
- Share! Share a “share” with a friend or family member.
- Drop! Pick a drop site convenient to your home or work.
- Farms may add a site if there is a minimum of 10 – 15 customers.
- Cook! Use fresh ingredients each week to make meals at home.
- Many CSAs provide recipes that incorporate that week’s harvest.