Where To Eat Right Now
All The Best Festivals Coming to Pittsburgh in 2023
Mark your calendars: By Emily Catalano
It may be a little chilly out right now, but doesn’t it just feel like we’re so close to full-blown spring? After a long and cold (but not-terribly snowy) winter, we’re ready to get back outside – and back to a full calendar.
Every year around this time, we put together our list of all of the best festivals (food or otherwise) happening in Pittsburgh for the coming year. While we’re still waiting on a few dates to be finalized (the Pittsburgh Pierogi Fest will be announcing their 2023 dates soon), we have a lot to look forward to.
This year, I’m making sure to mark my calendar for my favorites – Barrel & Flow, Three Rivers Art Festival, and the Squirrel Hill Night Market are definitely on my list, and I’m really looking forward to KayaFest (happening May 28!) this year.
You can see the full list here. And, of course, we’ll be updating it as more festivals and events are announced.
It’s Breakfast Time:
It’s always easy to find a fantastic brunch during the weekend. But if you’ve ever found yourself wandering around in search of a plate of pancakes on a Wednesday morning, you know that finding a great spot for a breakfast on a weekday can be tough.
Luckily, we found every kind of breakfast (including the BEST breakfast sandwich) that you can enjoy Mondays through Fridays.
See the full list here.
- Happy Pirates Home Opening Day! I got to chat with a few of the Pirates’ wives and partners for this piece for Pittsburgh Magazine – and their lives were so fascinating to me.
- For one day only, April 18, Mad Mex is bringing back their beloved Gobbleritos and Apple Cider Margaritas.
- Pittsburgh is absolutely overflowing with great smash burger spots.
- Have you tried the pizza from Gussy’s Bagels yet? I had it last week, and thought it was fantastic.
- Our friends at The Keystone are also in the spring spirit, and planned some road trips from Pittsburgh that look pretty good… hello, Cleveland! Read their full roundup here.
Learn more at Good Food Pittsburgh
Thanks for reading this newsletter! I got some great suggestions for things to cover the last time, and I’m working on them – in the meantime, if you have anything to share, email me at email@example.com