Erin Hart to Participate in Food Conversations Roundtable
September 16, 2015, at 7pm
State Rep. Dan Miller, D-Mt. Lebanon, will host his first of three roundtable discussions in his Conversations that Matter series on the topic of food health and safety at 7 p.m. on Wednesday, Sept. 16, at the Mt. Lebanon Municipal Building, 710 Washington Rd.
Miller will be joined by experts in the field of food health and safety, including:
- Erin Hart, Director Farm to Table Pittsburgh;
- Jamie Moore, Director of Sourcing and Sustainability, Eat’n Park Hospitality Group
- Mim Seidel, MS, RD, LDN, Chatham University;
- Dr. Maureen Tighe, ND, Trillium Natural Medicine;
- Dr. Scott Faber, MD, The Children’s Institute;
- Suzanne Pyle, Food Sanitarian, PA Bureau of Food Safety.
Topics to be discussed include toxins that may be in food and their effect on us, organic foods, GMOs, sugars, gluten and the connection between our brain and our food. The role government should play in assuring food safety will also be discussed.
Constituents with questions should contact Miller’s office at 412-343-3870.