The Ethical Farming Fund envisions a world without factory farms. To achieve our vision, we work to dismantle obstacles on both the supply and demand ends of the food chain and to connect Southwestern Pennsylvanians to local sources of humanely raised meat, eggs, and dairy.
Our resources for local animal farms can be found on our website and are aimed at helping ethical animal farmers reach more consumers.
Our resources for everyone include:
- Pittsburgh's Guide to Ethical Farms (and the restaurants that support them)
- Virtual Farm Tours to increase transparency of our food system
- educational videos and infographics
- The Ethical Eater, our monthly email resource for sustainable omnivores
Our programs include:
- The Farmraiser Grant Program which helps local animal farmers improve the lives of their animals
- Farming With Love which empowers local consumers to improve animal welfare
- The Local Food Chains Project (2016-2018) which strengthens our local network of humane farms
We publish our updated annual Local Food Guide and take all types of content submissions like pictures, articles, reviews, and more. Use the form below to submit content for next year's guide!
This directory of farms, farmers markets, CSAs, etc. will also contain local food tips, hacks & know-how from farms, food businesses, and food resource organizations.
We help consumers connect to tools and resources to know how and where to access local, real, healthy food year-round.
Interested in partnering with Farm to Table Buy Local?
Learn more about partnerships and sponsorships, kids activities, community and urban gardens, food resources, local food guides ads, and more.