Why "Rent The Chicken"?
We provide all of the supplies you need with the rental: portable chicken coop, two or four egg-laying hens, 100-200 pounds of feed (optional non-GMO or Organic feed available), food & water dishes as well as instructions on how to keep your chickens happy! Within two days of the arrival, your chickens will lay eggs ready to use! Your Rent The Chickens should lay 8-14 or 16-28 eggs per week depending on your Rental Package. You will know exactly what your chickens eat!
How does it work?
We schedule a date to bring to your home a portable coop, two or four chickens that are already laying eggs, and the supplies needed for your rental period. Chickens produce the most eggs when daylight is at peak. Towards the end of the Rental Period, if you realize that you were born to raise backyard chickens, adopting the chickens and all of their supplies is an option! Otherwise, we will schedule a date towards the end of your Rental to stop by and pick up the rented chickens, coop and supplies. As soon as the start of the Rental Period comes back around, we schedule a time to bring your chickens back to you and provide you with another season of rental.
Hatch chickens without the long-term commitment.
- Five-week rental combined with your Rent The Chicken rental or a five-week period convenient for you
- Delivery, setup, and pick-up (Free within 50 miles of Freeport, PA 16229 - additional fees may apply for further distances)
- Mini incubator
- Seven fertile eggs (black star & red star sex links)
- High powered "candling light" to examine the eggs during incubation
- Rent The Chicken Chick Starter Kit - brooder box, wood shavings, chick feed, water dish, feed dish, and heat source
- Quick guide to caring for the incubator, fertile eggs, and chicks
- A copy of the book "Where Do Chicks Come From?" by Amy E. Sklansky for yours to keep
To schedule your Hatch The Chicken delivery, call us at 724-305-0782 today!
Content Submission Date: November 8, 2019
We’re excited to be publishing our 2nd annual Western PA Local Food Guide in early 2020 - right in time for the PA Farm Show!
This directory of farms, farmers' markets, CSAs, etc. will also contain local food tips, hacks & know-how from farms, food businesses, and food resource organizations.
We help consumers connect to tools and resources to know how and where to access local, real, healthy food year-round.